Vint Hill Farms near Warrenton, VA, was opened as an Army Signal Security Agency (predecessor of the U.S. Army Security Agency) monitoring station on 12 June 1942; it was officially closed on 12 June 1997.
The Cold War Museum is now located at the Vint Hill site.
Bell, Kevin. "Vint Hill Farms Closes." INSCOM Journal, Jul.-Aug. 1997, 12ff. Soldiers, Jul. 1998, 26.
Kruh, Louis. "Vint Hill Farms Station." Cryptologia 23, no. 3 (Jul. 1999): 259-260.
Provides some highlights from the station's work in World War II.
McMahon, John J. "Good-bye to the Farm." INSCOM Journal, Jul.-Aug. 1997, 18ff.
The author traces the organizational history of Vint Hill Farms from 12 June 1942 to its closing on 12 June 1997. INSCOM activities associated with Vint Hill Farms have been consolidated elsewhere.
Return to MI - Army Table of Contents